The Conjuring (2013)

Plot: Since the 1960s, Ed and Lorraine Warren have been known as the world's most renowned paranormal investigators. Lorraine is a gifted clairvoyant while Ed is the only non-ordained demonologist recognized by the Catholic Church. Out of the thousands of cases throughout their controversial careers there is one case so malevolent, they've kept it locked away until now. This based on a true story. 

Starring: Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson, Ron Livingston, Vera Farmi

My Review and Thoughts:

I went into The Conjuring hoping I would be scared. It's very hard to scare me. After hearing all the praises and gossip in the small community of reviewers that I truly trust I knew I had to see it. I was wanting a new film to call a modern-day classic that would grace the shelf next to classics like Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Changeling, A Nightmare on Elm St., Carrie, The Beyond and so many others that are flawless. We need new modern classics to behold next to the past generations of film making and to the future generations of scary cinema.

Now I have to admit I am not a fan of Insidious, it lost me when they placed a vacuum on their head and when Darth Maul was sewing, so that kind of turned me off in that type of department. Going into this I knew it was by the same director but it looked darker, deeper and more insane and so I was ready for it. 

I was ready for a no holds bar scare. There are very few ghost movies that stand the test of time, very few films that mention the paranormal world and make it seem real or at least make it last to scare generation after generation. There are the classics like The Haunting. Classics like The Changeling. Few ghost movies pass on generation to generation to showcase a frightening sense of bloodcurdling, hair-raising Mayhem.

Sadly there are very few ghost stories that truly get under your skin or truly last. People have different opinions when it comes to what type of ghost stories are scary and in a sense I think The Conjuring at least, the public viewpoint, the reviewers all seem to think this is a scary film.

And guess what, it is.

The movie or at least the main story takes place in 1971 in Rhode Island. 

Now for starters I want to say that if you ever move into a house, an apartment or a building and your dog or animal refuses to enter or makes a commotion listen to your Pet, don't enter the damn place. That is your number one sign that something is about to hit the fan.

I do have to say that has one creepy ass doll and gives that clown doll in Poltergeist a run for its money.

This stars two of my favorite actors. Lili Taylor who has always been an underrated actress. This also stars Patrick Wilson who is truly a phenomenal actor. All the acting performances are worthy to mention. Each one works. All the characters are showcased perfect and work in vivid and believable ways.

This movie is intense, creepy as hell and truly is a modern day ghost story that gets under your skin and makes you want to close your eyes or turn away.

I have not covered my eyes since I was a little boy and boy did I want to and I confess, I did in this film. I felt like a little boy scared shitless in this film.

A perfect classic blend of loud sounds and visual jump moments that leave you stunned, breathless and almost in a panic attack.

The music and noises are mind numbing and jump actions that causes one to want to flick the lights on.

I can honestly say this movie took me on a trip.  I experienced a journey of perfect filmgoing reality. This is a perfect modern-day classic. It goes up there with the greats and will be remembered and will stand the test of time. James Wan has created a truly magical thought-provoking and downright frightening film. I highly recommend this.

My heart was pounding, the hair on my neck rose and the tension of the final showdown is totally thought-provoking. I even shed a tear it was so extreme and emotional. I loved it. I can't stop thinking about it and I can't stop talking about it. This will go on my top horror films of all time.

Truly creepy, truly haunting, truly frightening. I was scared at moments. The demonic reality, the exorcism, the showdown in the cellar  was intense. I mean graphically brilliant, graphic to the point that it gets to you. It plays with your nerves and your emotions and your thinking and then it pops your eyes open to want to see it all. This movie sends you down a journey of extreme emotions.

A new favorite of mine, a new intense journey. I loved it. I loved it. This is a modern horror film that is a modern classic that goes with all the greats; and I mean that.